Sunday 26 April 2015

'Stop worrying'

My Links:
Twitter               Tumblr               Instagram

'Stop worrying' they said
As they laughed in your face
As they skipped along the road less traveled
As they killed to win the race

They expect you to think the same
To laugh and smile and wave
To Tippex out the bad verses
To them you're being 'brave'

But you're just getting on with it
What else can you do?
Put on a show and an encore
It's really nothing new

'The world is a stage'
Now I understand
Because it's not all it's cracked up to be
It's nothing like I'd planned

But you live for the small things
A laugh, a smile, a wave
Because there's not much more you can do,
Other than to be 'brave'.

So that was weird. Just a little improvised poem about stress and my anxiety and all that shabang. I like that word, 'SHABANG'. Anyway, this wasn't me trying to be artsy or anything, a.) I couldn't think of anything else to do and, b.) this is about one of the only things I'm good at. To be honest, I don't care is anyone finds me weird for writing poetry, if I gave a shit, I wouldn't have written it.
PEACE *peace sign emoji because I'm on my laptop*

R.