Sunday 4 September 2016

Don't Look Back in Anger

I just spent a good hour scrolling back through all my old blog post and internally screaming as I scan over all the horrible puns and awkward writing. I mean, I still use horrible puns and write awkwardly, but slightly less so now. And all of these cringe-worthy posts were only written a year ago, so I guess I just have to thank A-Level English for digging me out of the cesspit that was 17-year-old Rebecca's writing style.

But I'm not deleting any of these old posts, because they are all something I remember putting a considerable amount of effort into at the time. Although you wouldn't think it, looking at all the horrendously obvious grammar and spelling mistakes that I completely overlooked and/or couldn't be bothered changing. So I'm not deleting them, because I always think you should embrace the shitty and embarrassing moments and, mostly for me, phases of your life because that's what made you who you are today. (Exhibits a, b, c, d and e:)

Honestly look at me, wasn't I precious? I now find beaches, bowling alleys, Oompa Loompas (if you couldn't tell, that's what I was meant to be), bow ties and Quavers mentally harrowing. I mean, the fashion choices. If anyone, I should thank my parents for being so supportive of me and letting their child actually leave the house looking like that. Look at those highlights, I look like a fucking Werthers Original. And yeah, ok, I actually suited the ginger hair because I am seriously lacking some melanin, but somebody should've sat me down, and taught me how to master the messy bun. Because whatever the look was what I was trying to go for, that definitely wasn't it.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a roast yourself challenge - I don't know whether I feel better or worse for it. Anyway, the moral is, I've forgotten what the moral is. Embrace your shit? No, don't actually embrace your shit, that could lead to some considerable health problems. See, back at it again with the bad puns. I honestly can't stop, I'm making myself cringe. Ok, I'll just crawl back into my metaphorical hole.

I'm probably going to live to regret putting these pictures on the internet. Now would be the right time to say 'yolo' but I don't hate myself that much.

R.