Sunday 26 July 2015

I Got A Job

Follow Me:
Twitter               Instagram               Tumblr

After quitting my last job in May for reasons we shall not go into, (because this is the internet and bad things happen here) I finally found another. I went for my trial shift yesterday, and as it was coming to a close, my boss asked if I could work again today. So I'm taking that as I got the job.

My tip for anyone looking for a job is to persevere with however you're approaching your scouting method. I mean, personally, sites like Indeed didn't really prove effective for me. I sent off a few applications for places like Debenhams and Pizza Express, but was turned down, mainly because there was no face-to-face interaction like there was when I handed in my CV in person. So my recommendation would be to do it the old-fashioned way and actually show your shiny, beautiful face to whoever your prospective employer may be.

And, also, when you put in your location on job sites and then ask to receive notifications for your city, you get results from bloody miles away! Within 5 miles, my arse. And the job that I've finally managed to get is only at the end of my village and it wasn't even on any sites. So, if you're sat there every day on your backside just waiting for  job that suits you to pop up into your emails, then you're not going to find a job. I'm an English student at college and I applied for a job at a hairdressers. You need to stop being picky - money is money.

So, this is an extremely short post because I just wanted to update my blog on my life developments, so I can look back at this as mature Rebecca and congratulate myself. A totally self-absorbed reason but, who am I kidding, I'm the only one that reads this shit.

R.