Thursday 31 December 2015

Drunkly Sober Writing Skills

So 2015 happened. Like a whole year of my life that I can honestly say I lived without being in fear of what's going on inside my own head. That's a pretty random thing to say, I know, but 2015 was the first year in a long time that I've been fully in control. Applying and choosing a uni, passing my first set of A Levels, finally overcoming anxiety and whatever else the fuck is wrong with me.

And a lot of stuff happened to the world, never mind me. A lot of people died, a lot of people did things that will go down in history, both for good and bad reasons, reasons that, either way, will be marked in our kids' history books. From a little boy on a beach, to red white and blue lighting up the world's skies, 2015 will be remembered as immense. An entire library of world history crammed into twelve months.

And, of course, I lost my grandad. A man I just toasted to not half an hour ago, with some hella expensive whiskey that tasted like some hella expensive shit-smothered cardboard. You can never say I didn't love you, Robert.

But yeah, there's a lot of 'this is a brand new page, make this book a good one' quotes flying around the internets tonight. Which part of me (the tumblr part) agrees with, but the other half is repulsed by the cheesy crap that some people be spouting. So my inspirational quote for the evening is; don't fuck this one up.

This is a brand-spanking, new car smell, plastic cover still on the seats, fresh, year. The other one is a tiny bit fucked up - it's been keyed a couple of times and smells like a couple of homeless guys have taken up residence in it. Honestly, it needs compounding into one of those neat little cube-things. 

But it happened, it existed. It will never not exist. Don't know whether this post is of benefit to anybody but me to be honest. I've no idea what I've written. Because I may be a tiny bit drunk. Thank god for spellcheck. Or thank Steve Jobs for spellcheck. Or Bill Gates. Who came first, though? It's like the chicken-egg debate. I should really leave now.

Oh yeah, happy new year or whatevs.

R.