Sunday 15 November 2015

Bus Poems #1

So I realised that I'm on the bus a lot nowadays, so I thought I'd start putting those soul-crushing hours into good use by doing something for this blog thing I've got going on. So I thought why not do some poemy-stuff? Just warning y'all that busses are depressing so, chances are, these poems will be too.

The Rocks

Taking deep breaths isn't the most of it
Just some silly ritual
That gives me a bit
Of sanity to keep me swimming
To help my hands pass through
The breaking waves that have me clinging
Onto the rocks that have my name carved in
My fingertips bleeding from the calligraphy
Written not in ink
But in sheer will to be
With my head above the water
Just so they can see
How strong I am in heart and mind
As they read the artwork in the granite
But still they are blind
They are distracted by the sunlight
The beautiful gold on the blue
Driven in delight
As the ugly thing
That bleeds into the rocks
Tries to enunciate and sing
The verse that contaminates the cliff face
Now craning it's neck to catch the alms
They turn away disgraced
At the thing that they once recognised
Abandoning it with heartless deflection
They can't be surprised
When it calls out their names.