Wednesday 28 January 2015

Nostalgia Attack

My Links:
Twitter               Tumblr              Instagram

What happened to good kids TV? When I was younger, it was Drake and Josh, Ed, Edd n' Eddy, Rugrats, Hey Arnold! and The Suite Life. TV that was made to entertain adults and kids alike, now I look at channels like Nickelodeon and Disney, and it's filled with cheap, annoying shows that were made to fill gaps in the schedule and to squeeze out what little money they can. Some of the things they put on the Disney Channel now - I mean, who the hell are 'Austin and Ally'? I tell you, Walt Disney will be turning in his grave.

Now I hear they're going to stop airing SpongeBob. One of the last few remaining kids TV shows that I still find bearable to watch. It feels like all that people care about is quantity, not quality. As long as their pockets are full, they don't care whether they're airing 30 cheap, terrible shows or 10, that actually make for good viewing. So, I've decided to make a list of my top 10 favorite kids TV shows that I enjoyed and, hopefully, find some links where you can still enjoy them too.

1.) The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

2.) Drake and Josh

3.) Codename: Kids Next Door


4.) Ed, Edd n' Eddy

5.) Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

6.) The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

7.) Teen Titans (the origional cartoon, not the shitty one they air now)

8.) Rugrats
9.) Recess

10.) Hey Arnold!

(Honorary mentions include: That's So Raven, Arthur, The Wild Thornberrys, PokemonThe Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Kim Possible)

There are a few shows that I still enjoy watching like Adventure Time, Chowder and Phineas and Ferb but, apart from that, there isn't much quality TV left. So I hope you enjoy re-watching these as much as I did and thanks for reading :)

R.


(all images presented are not my own and I do not own the rights to any. All rights go to and belong to those who own them)