Saturday 31 January 2015

Resolution: Chapter One - Hair

My Links:
Twitter               Tumblr               Instagram

I realize that the title sounds really pretentious, but, bear with me. so in my last post, I talked about my belated New Years Resolution and how I promised to put myself out there more, do things I wouldn't normally do. So I made the quick decision the other day to take a lot of length off my hair. This might sound quite boring, but, before, my hair was crazy long. It used to hang over my head and hide my face. My hair used to drown me. But, seriously, people used to say I looked like the girl from The Ring.

Anyway, I went to the hairdressers today and she hacked 6 inches off my mop. I mean, that's like a whole 6-inch sub sandwich that I got rid of. Just to emphasize the point, here's a picture of said sub:
(I really want a Subway now. Why did I do that?)

So, in my eyes, this is a massive step for me. I'm a creature of habit, and anyone who knows me would tell you that it's not like me to do something like this. I spent years growing my hair after a terrible vivid memory of a horribly cut, horribly layered mop when I was 11 . Just to emphasize the point again, here is said hair:
(I love the all-round 'I've not grown into my abnormally long body yet and my head still looks like it belongs on a 5-year-old' look.)

So I suppose the next step to attaining the 'get out there' resolution is to travel the world or something. Well, maybe not just yet, but we'll see where the year takes me. At least if I did travel somewhere, it'd give me something to write about.

Thanks for reading,

R.

(Oh, and here's the obligatory 'new hair' selfie):
                                                         Instagram quality = 10/10
(first image presented is not my own and I do not own the rights. All rights go to and belong to those who own the image)